Decking footer question

Steve737

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 25, 2011
Montgomery Texas
Hey guys I'm about to have 1900 sq ft of decking poured tomorrow and have a question about the area where the new decking will join to my existing porch. They are going to poor the new decking slightly higher than the existing porch so that they can make them all the same material( spray deck) at the same level. My question is this do I need to have a footer and an expansion joint there so that I don't get split from setteling of the pool verses the house? Thanks Steve.

As soon as I can sink my iPad I'll post some pics!

Steve737 said:
Hey guys I'm about to have 1900 sq ft of decking poured tomorrow and have a question about the area where the new decking will join to my existing porch. They are going to poor the new decking slightly higher than the existing porch so that they can make them all the same material( spray deck) at the same level. My question is this do I need to have a footer and an expansion joint there so that I don't get split from setteling of the pool verses the house? Thanks Steve.

As soon as I can sink my iPad I'll post some pics!
When they did the patio at my house, they drilled into the existing patio and ran rebar into the holes. They said that will keep both parts of the patio from settling away from each other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.