Light upgrade question

jsteggy

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 15, 2011
Southern California
We're pretty close to deciding on the final bits and pieces for the pool we'll be building. The PB has quoted a pool with things that we think we might want. We're pretty sure we want color LED lights. Currently the ones included in the basic pool package are the pentair intellibrite LED 5G white (1 pool, and 1 spa). Mr. PB wants $960 to add one more light, which, he told me, includes all the material and labor to build the box and the light. Is that reasonable? I don't know how far the lights will be from the electrical. I know the cord length is a factor in the cost of the light.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I happen to be pricing the electrical for my O/B pool now and here is the cost breakdown of one light install:

Pentair White 5G LED w 100' cord - $350 ($490 for Color)
Large Stainless Steel Niche - $60
Electricians fee to hookup the light to the panel - $65
Electricians fee per foot of conduit run - $4 ft (they charge this when extra runs footage exceeds their standard pool package footage)

White - $410 for parts and probably $185 to $285 in labor = $595 to $695.
Color - $550 for parts and probably $185 to $285 in labor = $735 to $835.

Upgrading from White LED to Color LED should only be around $150 per light. No additional labor needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.