Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy online?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to buy online?

Just wondering were the best prices are online for general pool suplies? Just starting out so i need just about everything, and I know there are great deals on the web.

Thanks for your help,

Joe
    Swimmin' Sharon

2. Back To Top    #2
    Hello jcat, I have links to a few reputable vendors on the homepage and will try to add more.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of snake oil peddlers and fly by night operations all throughout the pool business. I'm trying to take some of the headache out of the process for TFP users by only working with vendors who have prior acoolades from other TFP members, and sell quality products.

HTH.

Sean

PS. If I haven't said it already, WELCOME TO TFP!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    HTH
    Sean!!!! HTH is one of the 'evil' chem companies

Unless... you meant "Hope This Helps", in which case it'd be OK

Jcat, welcome to TFP!! Try looking in the stickies under BBB to find 'generic' pool chems for your pool.
    Things like vacuums, hoses, poles, etc. can often be found at places like Wal-mart, Home Depot, Lowes or a 'Big Lots' - they amy also have pool chems at a lower price than a pool store (however, do not disregard the pool store, sometimes they have a sale or special on certain products - if you have the time and inclination, do some comparative shopping for the things you may need). When it's feasible, we try to recommend a less expensive alternative to the pool store, and if any of Sean's approved vendors has a product you need, I doubt you could go wrong going through them!

While it's on my mind I do want to say that I've heard that the salt sold at Home Depot is only 97% pure (despite what the bag says ) - apparently there is an 'anti-caking' agent not listed on the bags
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks sean and waste, i'll check them out. I believe you greeted me yesterday, but hello again.

Thanks
    Swimmin' Sharon