Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: chlorinating frequency

1. Back To Top    #1

chlorinating frequency

I've been adding chlorine almost everyday to the pool due to my CYA been in 0.

I raised the CYA to 40 guided by the K2006 test kit and now the chlorine is not going down from 5 even after 4 or 5 days. Is that normal? I know the temperature is also lower now and there is not much sun, but I'm kind of afraid of a bad CYA reagent or my CYA measure not being correct.

24' Round Above ground 13,500 gallons
    1.5 HP pump.
    Vinyl Liner
    150sqft Cartridge Filter
    Bottom Drain

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mount Airy, Maryland

Re: chlorinating frequency

Where do you live? What is the temperature of the water?
    During the winter, your FC won't go down especially if you have a cover on the pool.
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

SW Georgia

My chlorine test has stayed the same for the last four days and I have added no chlorine.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

4. Back To Top    #4

Clearwater, FL.

I'm in Florida and my pools covered (mainly from leaves falling off the tree and no one wants to swim in chilly water, they're spoiled) my chlorine has stayed about the same for 10 days or so, I've been raising it 5ppm every 2 1/2 weeks, I'm at 50 CYA.

Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.