Newbie with experience

Vcbmoore

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
Oracle, AZ
This forum is great! I've owned houses with pools for 30+ years. Since I found this place a couple weeks ago, I've learned a bunch. In some respects, I was an unconscious incompetent! Although no major problems ever arose, I sure wasted a ton of money by over building, treating, etc. We're getting ready to build a new house and pool. This forum will come in handy.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to the forum! :lol: As you read more, you will find many stories similar to yours. We're glad you're here.

I was VERY lucky in that I found this knowledge as I was building my first pool. Nevertheless, the common sense info here is eye-opening to everyone who first comes across it.

I bought and built a 20' pool, hooked up everything all by myself....and no way could I have done it (as easily anyways) without advice from all the great people here.
Especially BBB, when I saw the cause and effect taking place, when I started to see how my pool water reacted to normal life and then the chemicals I treated it with - I felt like I was in on the biggest secret in the pool world. I had so many people tell me that BBB wouldn't work, I stayed true to the knowledge found here and felt vindicated when I had hard evidence (test data) that it was working and working great.
My neighbors still think I'm nuts and endangering my family with BBB - meanwhile I go to their pools and they are stinky, cloudy, poorly maintained cesspool of filth - and their blissfully unaware. One neighbor, I won't bring my family there anymore, great people but completely ignorant on how to test and manage their water.

My water, with proper testing and care, was beautiful!!