Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie with experience

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie with experience

This forum is great! I've owned houses with pools for 30+ years. Since I found this place a couple weeks ago, I've learned a bunch. In some respects, I was an unconscious incompetent! Although no major problems ever arose, I sure wasted a ton of money by over building, treating, etc. We're getting ready to build a new house and pool. This forum will come in handy.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Bill

13' X 25', raised SitNSpin spa, 12,500 Gal, light grey plaster, 3" suction lines, 2 1/2" return lines, 5 returns, infloor cleaning system, 280 sq ft solar panels, Pentair EasyTouch 8, Autelis wireless iPhone Control, Intelliflo VS pump, IntelliChlor IC40, IntelliPH, Pentair CC plus 420 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400k btu heater.

Weather Website http://sbrsouth.com

Every day is a good day. Some are just better than others!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Newbie with experience

Welcome to the forum! As you read more, you will find many stories similar to yours. We're glad you're here.

I was VERY lucky in that I found this knowledge as I was building my first pool. Nevertheless, the common sense info here is eye-opening to everyone who first comes across it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Dave! Common sense is becoming pretty uncommon these days. It's great to find a place where it pops its head up.

I've become addicted to reading and learning from the posts.
    Bill

13' X 25', raised SitNSpin spa, 12,500 Gal, light grey plaster, 3" suction lines, 2 1/2" return lines, 5 returns, infloor cleaning system, 280 sq ft solar panels, Pentair EasyTouch 8, Autelis wireless iPhone Control, Intelliflo VS pump, IntelliChlor IC40, IntelliPH, Pentair CC plus 420 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400k btu heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

I bought and built a 20' pool, hooked up everything all by myself....and no way could I have done it (as easily anyways) without advice from all the great people here.
    Especially BBB, when I saw the cause and effect taking place, when I started to see how my pool water reacted to normal life and then the chemicals I treated it with - I felt like I was in on the biggest secret in the pool world. I had so many people tell me that BBB wouldn't work, I stayed true to the knowledge found here and felt vindicated when I had hard evidence (test data) that it was working and working great.
    My neighbors still think I'm nuts and endangering my family with BBB - meanwhile I go to their pools and they are stinky, cloudy, poorly maintained cesspool of filth - and their blissfully unaware. One neighbor, I won't bring my family there anymore, great people but completely ignorant on how to test and manage their water.

My water, with proper testing and care, was beautiful!!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Guys,

Many thanks for the welcome!
    Bill