Remodeling Contract

Dec 2, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Hi all,
I am new to this forum but have been reading posts for quite some time. I just signed a contract to remodel my pool that was in pretty bad shape when we bought our house as a short sale.

Our pool is 1100 sq feet and 18,000 gallons. We are chipping out the plaster and putting in Tropical Blue mini pebble by Universal White Cement. We are also capping and filling in our infloor cleaners and replacing them with a dedicated suction line and 4 return lines. Next, we are replacing 100 linear ft of 6x6 waterline tile and 3" captile. Finally, we are adding a 40 sq ft Baja Shelf off the second step so our 2 yr old can have an area that is shallow. Our pool is a diving pool that is 9 feet in the deep end and 4 feet in the shallow end. We are paying $11,500 for all this work. Does that seem like a fair price?

We also are putting in a new pump and SWG, which I will attempt to install myself. I purchased a Pentair Whisperflow 1 h.p. pump for $433 and an Autopilot digital 40k for $575 shipped. I got a great deal for the Autopilot on ebay from a guy in Florida that has had it for a couple years but never installed it. I figured even without a warranty this was a great deal.

What do you think?

Welcome to TFP! :wave:
I think the SWG and pump will work well. Those sound like good prices!

As for the remodel quote, costs vary so much from area to area that it can be hard to know. One thing you can do is get another quote or two from different contractors and see where the chips fall. That cost certainly sounds reasonable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.