Issue with PB response to repairs

Aug 30, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
We recently finished our pool back in September. Since then, we've had some 'items' we needed to have looked at/fixed/etc. The last response I got from my PB was on Nov 9th when he emailed a response to a list of items we needed and I responded.

One of my main concerns is with our spa actuator. We've had poor water pressure from the jets more than once where it was explained we needed to turn the spa off, then back on to see if it clears. Had another issue where we turned the spa on, came back an hour later to see most of the water had drained from the spa and the jets were just spewing water all over. After saying I wanted the actuator replaced, he replied saying his repair guy went out and ran the spa through it's complete cycle and found no issues so we shouldn't have any problems going forward.

Then we ran into another problem, guessing while freeze guard was running, where the spa was down about 6 inches in the morning after I filled the pool the day before. I once again replied to our PB saying I still want this taken care of, then expressed my frustration with his lack of response. The last email was on Nov 28th, 19 days after my replied email from him. Forward to today, I still have not had a response.

I'm wondering if I have some recourse. Is it possible to ask him to sell my warranty/servicing to another PB? Do I just email again, call, show up at the office? I'm very frustrated on this.

To complicate matters, when we were paying the last check for the pool, he assured me every pool has a punch list that needs to be taken care of. He wasn't going to take my money and not show up again. He has been in business for over 20 years, so I'm not concerned about him being out of business, but this is ridiculous.

I wouldn't think having to restart your spa jets 2-3 times to get high water pressure should be acceptable. Nor should I have it drain on me when I don't set it to be. Maybe I have high expectations and this is standard... Let me know!

Before you ask, I won't give the name out.

Sorry you're having trouble with the PB! :(

It sounds like the actuator that shuts off flow to the pool is , for some reason, staying partially open at times. You might want to check the valve (as opposed to the actuator) to make sure the gasket on the gate isn't torn or has a glob of glue keeping it from fully sealing off the pool returns.

I honestly can't tell you about transferring your warranty, but STRONGLY suspect it's a 'no - go'. Read your warranty and see if it includes a clause that voids it if someone other than the PB works on the pool.

Please keep us posted :)

I was tired of not having a response and the wife found the water level had dropped AGAIN this morning, even with the awesome rain we've had for 2+ days. It was well underneath the tile, so that prompted another email from me.

Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 10:24 AM
To: xxxx
Cc: xxxx
Subject: FW: Pool Concerns
Importance: High

I've included a picture of today's spa level titled 'Spa Level Dec 5.jpg', in addition to the one from last week. After researching the issues with the spa, we believe it to be from not having the jets/light sealed properly, something causing the actuator to stay partially open, or a combination of both. Given there is a constant wet spot on the spa stone and a drop in water level, something is obviously wrong. Additionally, my wife checked an hour later this morning on the spa level and showed it dropped even more from the picture.

I would like to note I am yet to hear back from you. We're teetering on a month since your last contact in regards to my issues and I'm seriously concerned about the lack of response. Is there another direction of recourse that would get your attention quicker?
His response came after that...

Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 10:43 AM
To: Kevin
Subject: RE: Pool Concerns

Kevin,

I have been out of town since Friday, November 25th and the week prior was a short week due to Thanksgiving. The problem could be one of several things. It could be a valve adjustment issue or a PebbleTec issue. I just put a work order in for the PebbleTec installer to come out and check for a leak in the spa. If this doesn’t solve the problem we will take the next step.

Thanks,
xxxx
A part of my concern is he did have my previous email from the 9th, till he left on vacation and essentially made my 12 month warranty 11. I still think the 'next step' needs to be done now, instead of after the installer comes out as it's 2 problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.