Jandy Aqualink tri-sensor adapter

Just thought I would confirm the fix and add a couple of comments. In my pool there were several issues going on at the same time which probably isn't unusual. It started as a High Limit Fault from one of the temperature sensors. I had this issue before. There was a small leak in the sensor well and the aluminum sensors self destructed in the salt water. It has been five years since they were installed so it wasn't a big deal the first time I replaced them. I replaced them a few months ago but it happened again after just five months. I checked with Jandy and the sensors will throw an error 4 or 5 times and reset themselves after a few minutes. Eventually they stick open and you have to replace them. For some strange reason you can purchase a new harness assembly with the cable, new sockets and sensors for about $35 including free shipping on Amazon Prime but if you buy just the two sensors by themselves it is $60 or more. I also ordered replacement heat sinks and o-rings to see if that would stop the leak in the well. THese are the brass components that the sensors touch. The sensors can also throw an error if there is a low flow situation which causes them to overheat. I hadn't cleaned the filter for a couple of years so I disassembled it, cleaned it, replaced all the pipe o-rings and the big tank o-ring. While doing this I found the stainless retaining ring at the bottom of the tank so ordered a new one of those too. Amazon shipped overnight but the new one didn't have the clasp included that holds the two ends together so it was worthless. Sent it back the same day and amazon credited me that afternoon (I love Amazon Prime). Found some 3/16 stainless rivets at a local Tractor Supply store, bought a rivet gun and fixed the old one. After all that was replaced and the heater was working and there were no leaks the system threw a "No Flow" error which brings us back to the subject of this posting. I had replaced the flow/salinity/temp sensor a couple years ago and had already installed the new little board that attaches to the sensor cable. The little green light was flashing so I didn't know if that was "illuminated" or not. Shut off the system, unplugged the little board then rebooted everything. I plugged in the board and then tried hitting the "Calibrate" button and the green light came on but then went off after I released the "calibrate" button. I didn't know if that was the way it was supposed to work but the darn "No Flow" error showed again. Rebooted the system again but this time with the board in place, then held the "calibrate" button down and the green "flow" light came on and stayed on. I also replaced the 9V battery. I don't ever recall having replaced it and tested the voltage and it read zero. Every time I shut the system off I had to reset the time/date. Hopefully the battery will fix this. So far so good. The system is back on-line and seems to be OK other than an occasional ghost GFCI breaker trip to the entire panel. I have a 50amp GFCI breaker feeding the pool control panel. A few months ago it was tripping and I found the ozone generator had failed and every time the program would turn on the Ozone generator it would trip the breaker. The ozone system was replaced and the problem went away. Now it seems when the yard lights go on it trips the breaker. Geez.... We just had 6 inches of rain so I'm not exactly sure what the issue it. It may be time to call an electrician.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.