Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: jjslinger -- new member

1. Back To Top    #1

jjslinger -- new member

Hi Everyone,

Just finished a new build in September; I'm a total novice and know nothing other than what I've learned here at TFP. I've been lurking awhile, and I'm really impressed with the knowledge and quality of the site!

Thanks,
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16K gal IG 16'x28' pebble since 2011; Pentair Easytouch; Sta-Rite Intellipro VS pump; Sta-Rite 400 sq. ft. cartridge (System 3); 6 Heliocol Solar Panels; Aquamatic Cover; Legend pressure-side cleaner with Hayward booster pump; TF100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: jjslinger -- new member

Nice looking pool- Welcome aboard!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/½ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking good, Don - Welcome to TFP!!

Love the look of your yard
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP
    Mark ---San Antonio

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

You are most welcome. Learn, chat, enjoy!
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP. Beautiful pool and backyard.
    19,600 gal, Vinyl, Grecian L, StaRite Dura-Glas 1 HP pump, 3/4hp booster, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge filter
    The Pool Cleaner 4x, PoolSkim

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice ool (try to keep the pee out). LOL Welcome.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome. Get yourself a good test kit, read up on pool school and enjoy the pool!

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

10. Back To Top    #10

I have the TF100 test kit. I think I have mastered most of the measurement techniques, except the color matching on the pH test, and identifying when the "spot" is actually gone in the CYA test. Those seem like the most subjective tests, but I think I can do them with acceptable accuracy for now, and I should improve with practice. I have managed to keep everything in the "recommended" levels on the pool calculator, not too bad for a beginner

I have been reading up on the pool school as well. I do have a few questions, but nothing urgent, I'll ask them later one by one as needed. The pool school was pretty complete, nice job!

Thanks,
    Don
    16K gal IG 16'x28' pebble since 2011; Pentair Easytouch; Sta-Rite Intellipro VS pump; Sta-Rite 400 sq. ft. cartridge (System 3); 6 Heliocol Solar Panels; Aquamatic Cover; Legend pressure-side cleaner with Hayward booster pump; TF100 Test Kit.