Using Sodium Bisulfate to remove stains?

Have you thought of using this tool? It can be used for spot etching or any concentrated chemical dosing be it for Muriatic Acid, ascorbic acid, etc. Of course, getting this tool overseas may be an issue.

At any rate, I don't see any advantage to using sodium bisulfate over Muriatic Acid, assuming you have some method of concentrating the acid on a particular spot.

chem geek said:
Have you thought of using this tool? It can be used for spot etching or any concentrated chemical dosing be it for Muriatic Acid, ascorbic acid, etc. Of course, getting this tool overseas may be an issue.

At any rate, I don't see any advantage to using sodium bisulfate over Muriatic Acid, assuming you have some method of concentrating the acid on a particular spot.

Thanks Chem, I had a Jandy stain remover. Used it once. I might still have it. It was hard at first but I figured it out.

I guess I will just recommend a drain and acid wash. not worth the time or acid using those stain removers.

Aquatica, before you drain and acid wash the whole pool, you can use a kneehigh stocking to place the bisulfate on the spot ( a rock can be added to keep it in place).

Too bad you're not looking for someone with my experience to help you out :mrgreen:

Re: Re: Using Sodium Bisulfate to remove stains?

chem geek said:

never seen that tool before. simple but effective. Neat!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.