We're pretty new to hot tubs and moved into a place with a nice Cal Spas hot tub. The previous owners set it up for us, fresh water, shock and bromine tabs in the floater. It's been set at 100Â°F constantly for the last 2 weeks and haven't really bothered to check the levels since they said it would be fine for at 2-3 weeks before checking it.
Longer story short, our girls and their friend came out with a rash we thought was chicken pox only for their pediatrician to say he thought it was a bacterial infection from the hot tub.
So....... how to proceed from there.
I had one person recommend the following procedure:
1) put in about 4 cups of bleach
2) drain hot tub completely
3) scrub inside with some more bleach water, then rinse
5) shock & stabilize according to methods seen here on TFP for bromine hot tubs
I'm curious if this will be enough?
Would any of you recommend another method of getting rid of any yuck in there?
Is draining it really necessary, or will a proper strong shock get rid of any organics in the water?