Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can Liquidator be converted for PH control?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can Liquidator be converted for PH control?

Somebody must have tried this already. I have stopped using LQ for chlorine. I was wondering if it could be used to delivery muratic acid.
    Light grey plaster, stone coping, 38K gallon Roman shaped pool with a shallow end beach, table and bar stools, deep end bench and waterfall (Intelliflo 4X160). Taylor K-2006, Pentair 320 chlorinator, Intelliflow VF, Quad DE 100. 4 ColorLogics, 3 skimmers, 14 wall returns, 13 floor returns, TurboTwister slide, autofill and miles of pvc.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can Liquidator be converted for PH control?

I don't believe it will work. I don't think there is enough of a density difference to keep the acid from mixing into the water quickly. If you need an acid feed system, try this approach.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes you can, but you can't use muriatic. You have to use dry acid. That's how the ph adjuster works, sold by Hasa

4. Back To Top    #4

I read that 1 pound of dry acid = 10 ounces of MA, so I won't be doing that. I use 1 gallon of acid per week. So with MA more dense than water, is the issue is that the MA sits at the bottom while the water without MA is taken off the top? I thought MA mixed into water dispersed itself evenly and quickly. Just curious, I am sure that if it worked, HASA would already be selling it. I will take a look at the drip system before going the Stenner pump route. The less things that can break, the better. Thanks for the feedback.
    Light grey plaster, stone coping, 38K gallon Roman shaped pool with a shallow end beach, table and bar stools, deep end bench and waterfall (Intelliflo 4X160). Taylor K-2006, Pentair 320 chlorinator, Intelliflow VF, Quad DE 100. 4 ColorLogics, 3 skimmers, 14 wall returns, 13 floor returns, TurboTwister slide, autofill and miles of pvc.

5. Back To Top    #5

MA mixes too well. The system does not maintain the division between MA and water well enough and acid is feed into the pool too quickly to be useful.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School