I am really hoping there is someone out there that knows old Jacuzzi spas and can help me solve this. I inherited a 17 year old spa (manufactured 1994) when I bought my house. Worked great for two years, then the pump wet-end cracked/leaked, the heat stopped working, and the wood frame started rotting out.
I decided to rebuild it (I was way in over my head with this). At this point the frame is rebuilt and the following components have been replaced (all are brand new):
- Pump, replaced with http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/spasuppl ... 410-1A.htm
- Heater, replaced with http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/spasuppl ... /50080.htm
- Pressure switch, replaced with http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/spasuppl ... /30408.htm
- Topside control, replaced with http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/spasuppl ... /51422.htm
- Circuit board, replaced with http://superior-spa-pool.com/Balboa-pc- ... -plug.html
The pump runs great, there are no leaks, I just don't have heat! The heat light comes on when you start the spa and I hear a "click" from the control board. The light stays on but the water never heats. All pump speed and light controls work from the panel. I have tested the heating element and I have voltage (220v) when it is on and it has continutiy when the spa is off @ 9 Ohms.
Please help. Thank you so much in advance!