Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure testing my plumbing lines

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure testing my plumbing lines

My plan tomorrow is to post my build..... I am getting ready to pressure test my plumbing and wanted to know what you all thought on what the psi should be and how long should I wait on each line???

Thanks Derrick

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pressure testing my plumbing lines

I am not an expert but I did 20 psi with air only for 30 minutes. If you go longer then that and the sun heating the pipes can vary the preasure. If you do water then you can go much higher psi and time.
    Under construction DIY 20x40 vinyl liner steel wall pool, Pentair 2hp wisperflo, Pentair tr100 sand filter, Pentair Minimax 400k heater, diving board, 8 foot sit n step, xtream waterslide, 1700 concrete deck, one amazing wife, 4 children and two German shepherds.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Baton Rouge, LA

Re: Pressure testing my plumbing lines

My locality required 30 or 35 psi. I pressurized mine with water. Just hooked the hose to my manifold and cranked the water on until the pressure got to the right level and the cut off the manifold valve. I had an interesting struggle with my test plugs holding. Boom!
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here