we moved a gas heater to another location and hooked it back up. Apparently we didn't hook some "rings" up and gas leaked and the unit caught fire.
This is what the gas guys said. However I only remember us disconnecting a gas line and the in and out water lines. Is there something else we missed? like these rings? (which we never disconnected).
Thanks for any insight!
also this heater was off during the summer. when we started it back up it started making some knocking noises. like tennis shoes in a dryer. so we cut it off and called another pool company. they opened it up and looked at it. didn't touch it but it started working again ok. weird!
could this knocking be related to these "rings"?