Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Minimax NT (400 DV) heater issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Minimax NT (400 DV) heater issue

I have a Pentair minimax NT low NOX heater that stopped working. The front panel leds will alternate between:
    - just the power, pressure and pool leds lit with a - in the temp display
    and then
    - service led and all the leds on the right will come on with an 8 . in the temp display.

Does this sound like the DDTC controller card has gone bad? I inspcted the cqrd and I don't see any noticeable problems (components, solder joints, etc.).
    Build In Progress: 15' x 38' x 6' freeform IGP (15' x 8' sundeck, KrystalKrete in Sandy Beach, Waterline Tile in Campeche Green, ~900 sq ft Kool Deck in Sand Buff). Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050, Pentair Rainbow 320, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Minimax NT (400 DV) heater issue

I called Pentair TS and was asked to check the temp thermister. Sure enough, by applying a wet finger across the two contacts on the DDTC I was able to power up the card properly. Apparently the wet finger provides the right level of resistance and is a way to check the thermiser w/o having to breakot an ohm meter.
    Build In Progress: 15' x 38' x 6' freeform IGP (15' x 8' sundeck, KrystalKrete in Sandy Beach, Waterline Tile in Campeche Green, ~900 sq ft Kool Deck in Sand Buff). Pentair IntelliFlo VS-3050, Pentair Rainbow 320, Polaris 280

3. Back To Top    #3

So how expensive a repair is that?
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

4. Back To Top    #4

$36.95 and includes shipping.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll file this away in case mine starts acting up.

I had a similar situation last year, so I tried the PC fallback: killed the power at the panel, let it sit for half an hour or so, then powered it back up. It's worked fine ever since!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!