Heater help

Nov 19, 2011
Hello everyone, this is my first post/question so be gentle.

I have recently bought a home with a pool, its my first so I have a lot of learning to do.

The pool is about 22,000 gallons and is currently heated by a raypak rp2100 181,000 btu heater.
It is not getting the job done, mostly I think because the previous owner ran a 1" gas pipe 100 feet to the heater from the meter.

Is there a better option for me, a heater that will work more efficiently under these conditions or do i need to think about digging up my garden and running new pipe?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lee.

Well the heater is a smaller heater considering the size of your pool. The gas line sounds too small to me but I cannot say authoritatively. I designed my setup which has a similar long gas run to bring street pressure all the way to the equipment pad and regulate it down to equipment pressure there. My run was about 150 ft. To bring adequate gas at house pressure would have called for some ridiculous sized pipe or hose.

Someone more authoritative on the gas issue will be along shortly!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.