Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CH+SWCG+Vinyl =?

1. Back To Top    #1

CH+SWCG+Vinyl =?

I know that on the whole CH isn't really nesaccary for a vinyl lined pool but will it affect the life of my swg cell if it's too low. I'm going to bump up to at least 150 to make myself feel better, I'd rather spend a little cash on some chem than have scale forming in the cell, or ectching my new concrete sidewalk. Any thoughts or Ideas welcome.
    If I don't jump in my wife pulls me in!!!!!!!!

18x38 roman IG/vinyl 20k gal aquarite swcg & aquasolar tc,hayward clearstar plus 1200 ctg filter & 1 HP super pump,supervision fiber optic lights

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA
    Having too much CH leads to scale, not too little. Having the CH be low will result in corrosion of plater/gunite/grout exposed to such water. It won't increase scale in the salt cell -- to avoid scale you want low CH. There may be other reasons for having CH, but avoiding scale is not one of them.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"