Off Brand Pump Problem - Roaring River

mdfmr2

Mar 14, 2011
All of our pool equipment is a quality, known brand name except for the pump. There, we somehow ended up with an off brand called 'Roaring River' (made in China). The pump has always been loud, but now is getting louder and louder. The noise is coming from the motor, not the pump itself. I pulled the motor off and found there is a small amount of play in the shaft and it turns relatively smoothly, but not perfectly smoothly. That said, I'm sure the bearings are about shot.

I can't find this brand anywhere on the internet. Has anyone ever heard of it or know where I can cross reference bearing sizes for it?

Thanks!

You can take the motor in to an electric motor repair shop. They should be able to repair it, or sell you new bearings if necessary and available.

Can you post a picture of the motor label?

mdfmr2 said:
I can't find this brand anywhere on the internet. Has anyone ever heard of it or know where I can cross reference bearing sizes for it?

Thanks!

If you're taking the motor apart anyways, you'll probably be able to get the bearing part number from the old bearing itself.

I replaced the bearings on a Hayward pump a few weeks ago. When I was doing the research to determine bearing size, I was having a real hard time getting a straight answer.

Eventually when I pulled the pump apart and pulled the bearings off, there was a number stamped on the rubber bearing seal. It's an industry standard number I was able to cross reference at Grainger, and I got a pair of bearings for $15.

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to tear it down and see if there are any meaningful numbers on the bearings. The worst case scenario is that I end up buying another pump

All of our pool equipment is a quality, known brand name except for the pump. There, we somehow ended up with an off brand called 'Roaring River' (made in China). The pump has always been loud, but now is getting louder and louder. The noise is coming from the motor, not the pump itself. I pulled the motor off and found there is a small amount of play in the shaft and it turns relatively smoothly, but not perfectly smoothly. That said, I'm sure the bearings are about shot.

Thanks!

Try Blue Wave pumps, that is who is onn the main label of my tidal wave roaring river pump
Parts

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.