Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: zodiac ranger has a hole in diaphragm chamber

1. Back To Top    #1

zodiac ranger has a hole in diaphragm chamber

The diaphragm chamber on my Zodiac Ranger somehow developed a small hole (1/4 inch) right in the middle where the two pieces are joined together by a ring. The unit was purchased in August 2010, so now that 15 months have passed I guess it is out of warranty. I am wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and if any repair is possible?
    I'm thinking maybe a piece of PVC that would fit snugly around it, secured with PVC glue?

Thanks,
    Vic
    16,000 IGP with Spa - Quad 80 DE - WET Midnight Sea Satin surface - Intelliflow VSP (3hp) - EasyTouch 4 - TFT100 w/ Speed Stir (best thing evah)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: zodiac ranger has a hole in diaphragm chamber

According to the parts book, that is a $16 part. Just do it right. It will save you time and aggravation.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

If it's $16 I'm ok with that, for some reason I thought it was around $100.
    Thansk for the tip
    16,000 IGP with Spa - Quad 80 DE - WET Midnight Sea Satin surface - Intelliflow VSP (3hp) - EasyTouch 4 - TFT100 w/ Speed Stir (best thing evah)

4. Back To Top    #4

That would be for the entire tube assembly called the Ranger Cassette Complete. If all you need is the chamber, then....

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.