Compupool CSPSC16 install

Dan

Nov 15, 2011
I am trying to install a Compupool CPSC16 salt system. I have a 120V supply and have converted the two items inside the unit as in the manual. Now for the electrical. I am using a GE 15306 timer. I have the pump up and running and am supplying the timer on the same lines. I know the green is ground and the black is the hot. What is the red when using a 120v? Is it neutral or is it another hot and the change in conncetions inside the system convert? Issue is when I hook the red up as a neutral I get no power to the salt system - remember the pump is running fine. Thanks for any suggestions.

Many thanks. I followed this step. My biggest need is the electrical hook up. I have the black wire as a hot and the green as a ground but what about the red wire for the 120V? Is this neutral or another hot?

i think the gentleman is talking about how to hook up/wire his SWG control unit to his pump's power supply. Is it right to hook up the red wire from the SWG to his pump's white wire? I think that is what I did on my install.

Many thanks to all. I had it hooked up using the red as a neutral and no power. So I again opened the unit to ensure I re-wired for the 110V. I had moved J12 to J11 and J8 to J14 as described. The Red wire was previously on J8 and thus moved to J14 and the Orange on the other. However in looking at the schematics in fact the Orange should have been on J8 and thus moved to J14. So it seems as though it arrived wired incorrectly and now I will try hooking up to electrical this evening to see if this was the problem

Dan,

That exact problem happened with me, too. It was wired incorrectly from the start.

Also, after a few weeks, the output would not go above 10% despite changing the percentage on the control unit. It would only show one "bar" on the visual no mater what was dialed in as the output; so, watch out for that.

Customer service recently sent me a new circuit board to correct the problem. I have not had a chance to install it yet.

Mine is the CSPSC 36 Model.

I am thinking I will be installing the same model (CSPSC16). I may have very limited space (pipe) in which to cut out for the cell installation.

Can you tell me how much room I need, in terms of length of return pipe I will need to cut out?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can anybody confirm that I can actually do the following with the Compupool CPSC16?...

My pump runs off a Intermatic mechanical timer, which is in turn controlled by a relay for the solar heating system.

Can I simply wire the SWG so that it is on when my pump is on, from the timer? Or, will it lose it's settings without a constant power supply?

Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.