Deck Drains

cjmltn

Sep 4, 2011
We are searching for Stegmeier deck drains -- 4 inch -- for our deck area. Any recommendations as to where to purchase these drains in the Oklahoma area would be greatly appreciated.

I used the ~6" NDS deck drains as well. If I had it to do over again, I would use some square drains spaced apart in the deck instead. The channel drains are a great idea, but what I found is that during the concrete pour they get pushed around a bit, no matter how careful you are and you wind up with un-straight drains. I have about a 38 ft run and a 30 ft run, and one is straight as an arrow, and one has a gentle "bow" in it and it really bugs me aesthetically, though functionally they are fine.

The channel drains should have been staked into the ground to prevent any movement during the pour. My drains are straight as a string.

Yeah, they are drains, not concrete forms. I was lucky in that I placed the drain against one end of an existing slab.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.