Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck Drains

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck Drains

We are searching for Stegmeier deck drains -- 4 inch -- for our deck area. Any recommendations as to where to purchase these drains in the Oklahoma area would be greatly appreciated.
    pool products ~ above ground pools

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it." ~ Woodrow T. Wilson

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck Drains

The company would probably be the best source of information regarding suppliers.

http://www.stegmeier.com/SectionCompany/SalesReps.aspx

Here is a company in Texas that is not too far from the Oklahoma border.
    http://www.clarkconcreteforms.com/

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I used a 5 inch NDS drain that I bought at my local Home Depot. I love it and my neighbors who have a 1 inch deck drain a jealous when it's monsoon season. It's NDS #864g, 5 inch x 1 meter box channel drain.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... ogId=10053

Another option:

http://www.amazon.com/Driveway-Channel- ... pd_cp_hi_1
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I used the ~6" NDS deck drains as well. If I had it to do over again, I would use some square drains spaced apart in the deck instead. The channel drains are a great idea, but what I found is that during the concrete pour they get pushed around a bit, no matter how careful you are and you wind up with un-straight drains. I have about a 38 ft run and a 30 ft run, and one is straight as an arrow, and one has a gentle "bow" in it and it really bugs me aesthetically, though functionally they are fine.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

The channel drains should have been staked into the ground to prevent any movement during the pour. My drains are straight as a string.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

They were... The mistake was one side was poured then the other... Pressure from one side shifted em.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Yeah, they are drains, not concrete forms. I was lucky in that I placed the drain against one end of an existing slab.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ

8. Back To Top    #8

I spotted it on the one side (too late) and made em pour both sides on the other... so the 2nd came out right.

9. Back To Top    #9

Does anyone have any experience with the water hog deck drain? Really appreciate all your advice.
    pool products ~ above ground pools

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it." ~ Woodrow T. Wilson

10. Back To Top    #10

I had the Stegmeir deck drains installed. These are like 1.5" and have been through several of the recent PA monsoons. No issues so far.