Replace temp cell sensor w/o replacing the entire Turbo cell?

Nov 14, 2011
I have the same problem. The "Cell Temp Sensor" reading has been steadily climbing over the last several days and the salt reading is steadily going down. After about a week, the diagnostic menu of the control panel says my pool is a ridiculously high 180-degrees (F). The actual pool temp is below 80-degrees (F), so it is obvious that something is wrong somewhere in the cell temp sensor circuit. I suspect that the low salt reading is a programming side-effect of the high temp reading.

I wondering if you solved your problem and what the issue was. I've had motherboard issues with my Hayward Goldline controller in the past, so I would like to know if this is likely to be a motherboard issue, a connector issue, or a Turbo Cell issue.

I'd also like to know if the cell temp sensor can be replaced without replacing the entire Turbo Cell.

Thanks,
--Scott
Windermere, FL

Re: Replace temp cell sensor w/o replacing the entire Turbo

The temperature reading comes from the cell. I'm pretty positive it can't be replaced or it would be a warranty procedure like Pentair has done with the intellichlor temp/flow sensor to prevent them from having to pay for a whole cell.

Do you have a pool store around with the goldline cell tester? It doesn't always fail the cell if it's just a bad temp sensor, but it can't hurt and it should be free

Re: Replace temp cell sensor w/o replacing the entire Turbo

Typically a bad Goldline/Hayward cell gives a "HOT" error message if it's a bad temp sensor.

Is this installed on an AquaRite, AquaLogic?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.