Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Bermuda Skimmer tied to Main Drain- how to blow out?

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Pentair Bermuda Skimmer tied to Main Drain- how to blow out?

Helping a friend with his pool. All blown out and clear - except the main drain and one skimmer.

Skimmer in deep end has both openings plumbed - one to the pump/and the other appears to be tied to the main drain.

Shallow end skimmer is plumbed to pump and believe equalized to deep end skimmer.

How do I blow these out?

Tried blowing from the pump and skimmer at the same time and no bubbles from the main drain.

Plumbed like fig 1 I believe
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/Berm...erGuniteOM.pdf
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Bermuda Skimmer tied to Main Drain- how to blow

What are you using to blow them with? Most shop vacs or yard blowers won't develop enough pressure to blow a main drain.

If the skimmers are plumbed together you can blow until air is coming out the first skimmer and plug it while still blowing then blow until air is coming out the second one. You can then either blow the main drain through the second port in the bottom of the skimmer or make a connector to connect the two ports together and blow it through the skimmer line.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Thanks I think the problem is that even though I have a good blower Cyclone, it is a 9 foot deep pool and will use a compressor tomorrow and keep the PSI under 20. Thanks for the response. B
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks to this forum I assembled this simple plug and blew out my main drain with a compressor. Worked great...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anthony Pool, 35k gal plaster, DE (1.5hp Ultraflow), Rainbow 320, Dolphin Diagnostic 2001 (Advantage) & Polaris, Retrofitted Anthony mod #20 120v Niche light with Pentair 5G & adapter ring, 70's build / recoped and plastered 1.5 years ago