S1250005.jpg

S1250016.jpg

S1250026.jpg

S1260004.jpg

S1260002.jpg

S1280022.jpg

S1290002.jpg

S1280029.jpg

Well we are waiting for the tile people to start tomorrow, I think. The pool is 32,000 gallons with a 10X10 spa. It took the gunite folks 6 trucks and 14 hours to shoot. Thats two more trucks than they planned :shock: I have the plumbing complete with 2.5 in to all 6 returns and two separate 2.5" skimmers. Actually all piping except the two air blowers are at least 2.5". I'm putting in two 6' Pentair shear decents on either side of the spa so we had to run a 3" pipe to each water feature. My next decision needs to be decking and pool bottom. Bottom is wetedge altima I'm still not sure about which wetedge type I want. Should I upgrade it or not. The decking in the bid is spray deck. The coping is a really nice Quartzite 12X24" so we want something to complement that. My wife likes the spray deck that looks like stamped concrete. I am worried that it will scratch easily. we really like the pavers but they are just to much money for the amount we are planning on doing 1800 sqft. Steve

Looks great, and sounds like you're going to have a very nice pool and spa!

Yep, we looked at pavers first for decking and decided the $ would be better spent elsewhere (like on an automatic safety cover and solar) and ended up choosing stamped sealed concrete ($2-5/less per sq ft).

Hey thanks for the nice comments :cheers:. For those of you who don't know the lake in the back is Lake Conroe. There is supposed to be 6-8' of water behind my house and no islands. Thats how bad the drought is here in southeast TX. My kids love it though they have there own softball field!

Steve737 said:
Hey thanks for the nice comments :cheers:. For those of you who don't know the lake in the back is Lake Conroe. There is supposed to be 6-8' of water behind my house and no islands. Thats how bad the drought is here in southeast TX. My kids love it though they have there own softball field!

We live in Richmond (SW of Houston) so we know the pain of the drought. Most of the lakes on the golf course we back up to are empty and unfortunately most of the rain missed us again today. Our yearly total is only 9.83 inches of rain for 2011. Today we got about .02 inches of rain. Keep the pics coming it, you are gonna have a really nice backyard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.