Blow out problem

Sep 8, 2010
Noblesville, IN
First time closing. I have an in ground vinyl pool with a Paramount floor cleaning system. Took all the gearing assembly out of the cleaner control, put the lid back on. Hooked up the air compressor to the pump. Blew out skimmer line, put in gizmo, turned off skimmer valve. Air started coming out the small lines near the surface. As each bubbled I put a plug in it. When all lines were plugged, bubbles started coming out the bottom openings where the Paramount cleaning jets are not the main drain. I don't know what to do next...Help please?

If the lines are 1.5", get three #8 winter plugs with air valves for the floors. Then close the lid and blow the returns, skimmer and drain from the pump. Then blow out the equipment.

The floors will be air locked. If you had a sun shelf or steps less than a couple feet down, the pop up(s) should be removed and blown/plugged using a blower. A compressor won't send enough air to clear those lines effectively.

Scott

Okay, got the plugs. Blew out first and second floor popup...no problem. While blowing the third, water shot up from the adjacent pipe. Figuring I was blowing the wrong pipe I switched. Same thing happened. I then plugged the other pipe with a standard rubber plug and blew out the last popup. My question now is what happened and is the other line ok with the standard plug in it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.