Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blow out problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Blow out problem

First time closing. I have an in ground vinyl pool with a Paramount floor cleaning system. Took all the gearing assembly out of the cleaner control, put the lid back on. Hooked up the air compressor to the pump. Blew out skimmer line, put in gizmo, turned off skimmer valve. Air started coming out the small lines near the surface. As each bubbled I put a plug in it. When all lines were plugged, bubbles started coming out the bottom openings where the Paramount cleaning jets are not the main drain. I don't know what to do next...Help please?
    16 x 32 15300 gal. IG Vinyl Jandy pump, Jandy sand filter, Paramount circulation system, Automatic pool cover.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blow out problem

How many zones in the Paramount mushroom?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

There are three floor popups and three other pipes as well as the center pipe. I guess that means 6 outlets.
    16 x 32 15300 gal. IG Vinyl Jandy pump, Jandy sand filter, Paramount circulation system, Automatic pool cover.

4. Back To Top    #4

If the lines are 1.5", get three #8 winter plugs with air valves for the floors. Then close the lid and blow the returns, skimmer and drain from the pump. Then blow out the equipment.

The floors will be air locked. If you had a sun shelf or steps less than a couple feet down, the pop up(s) should be removed and blown/plugged using a blower. A compressor won't send enough air to clear those lines effectively.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Forgot to add that if the pipes are 2", you will need Paramount's specially shaped plugs with air valves.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. Looks like I'm headed to the pool store. My middle is 2".

7. Back To Top    #7

The middle is the feed line. No need there. Its the perimeter ones that get the special plugs.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC

8. Back To Top    #8

Okay, got the plugs. Blew out first and second floor popup...no problem. While blowing the third, water shot up from the adjacent pipe. Figuring I was blowing the wrong pipe I switched. Same thing happened. I then plugged the other pipe with a standard rubber plug and blew out the last popup. My question now is what happened and is the other line ok with the standard plug in it?

9. Back To Top    #9

It's fine. It just means two time slots for those jets when the system is running.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks a lot. I can sleep now and quit worrying about the temp.