Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Problems with Jandy controls

1. Back To Top    #1

Problems with Jandy controls

Hello and thanks in advance for any help.

We have jandy pumps and controls. We also have the wirless pda. Im trying to get my freeze protects all in order. My problem is that my pda shows an air temp that is about 12 degrees higher than it is outside. for example right now its snowing and about 34 degrees outside but my pda shows it as 46 degrees. It also did this during the summer but wasnt really a concern. Now im worried about what to actually set my freeze protect at. Does anyone know if you can calibrate the air temp? this is all new equipment this year.

Thanks again
    18,000 gal ig salt pool krystalkrete plaster 7x10 raised spa w/ 2 spillovers
    4x20 wet deck, waterfall, 17ft infinity edge, deck jets, nexxus lighting
    Jandy pumps & controls, Aquapalm PDA, 400k heater, Kleen Machine robot
    (6) 4x12 solar panels, clear solar cover

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Problems with Jandy controls

Look around for where they placed the air temperature sensor. They may have put it next to something warm, which could throw off the reading. It might be possible to move it somewhere that is closer to the ambient temperature.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School