Just Closed, Cover Ripped

illtiger1

Bronze Supporter
Oct 29, 2008
I just closed my in-ground gunite pool in October. We had a severe snow storm here in CT the other week where trees and limbs fell everywhere. Unfortunately a huge limb came down across my pool. I had it removed, but I think that some of the smaller branches may have ripped holes in the cover. Yesterday it was pretty nice out, so I put my cover pump on top of the cover to get the water off from the snow/rain. I ran it for a very long time and when I checked on it this morning, the cover still had quite a bit of water on it and the water level underneath seems to have dropped lower than the level when I closed. Should I keep the pump going to drain the water cover thus also lowering the water underneath until the cover is water free or just leave it alone? I don't want my cover to collapse from weight, but also don't want to waste water and energy draining my pool even more if I don't need to. Thank you.

If the cover is leaking you need to stop pumping it out. If the water level goes too low you could have much more serious problems. It would be best to repair or replace the cover now, which will make everything easier in the long run, but that isn't strictly necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.