Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete before liner and water

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete before liner and water

Is there any reason I cannot have my concrete deck poured this fall and then do the floor and the liner in the spring? My 20 x 40 steel wall pool is backfilled and I could have it graded for the concrete in a week or so. The advantage to me is savings in the off season for concrete work. We have been having 60 degree days and maybe if it was warm enough I could put in the liner but I didn't want to get stuck and I rather do that on a much warmer spring day.

Under construction DIY 20x40 vinyl liner steel wall pool, Pentair 2hp wisperflo, Pentair tr100 sand filter, Pentair Minimax 400k heater, diving board, 8 foot sit n step, xtream waterslide, 1700 concrete deck, one amazing wife, 4 children and two German shepherds.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Re: Concrete before liner and water

No problem that I see really, other than the hole getting dirty with debris etc. Warmer weather is a good idea for any liner
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Central Massachusetts

Re: Concrete before liner and water

How much cheaper is it in the winter?
    I'd wait til spring and let the fill settle. Any overdug steel wall pool will have some settling of the backfill, sometimes a lot. All the vinyl guys I know, at least around here, recommend waiting until the spring to pour the deck.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Williamsburg, VA

Concrete before liner and water

The longer you let it sit before concrete the better, as it gives the backfill material time to settle without affecting the concrete.

I am here:,-77.481659