Issues with Autopilot LS1000 SWG with RC-15 Cell

Oct 24, 2011
I just bought a house that has an old Autopilot LS1000 system with a RC-15 Cell. The red flow light was on so I pulled the tri-sensor to test it and found it to be in poor shape. the plastic around the temp sensor was cracked and corroded and the flow sensor would not work when checked for continuity. So I replaced the tri-flow sensor and now the green lights are on for the flow, salt and temperature.
Now when I run the system, I either get a red cell light or a flashing red and green cell light. This seems to change every time I cycle the system on and off. Is this an indication of a bad cell or control board? Also, I checked the cell cord for continuity and it was ok.

if its a bad cell, what replacement cell should I consider? I estimate the pool to be about 20,000 gallons.

I have a feeling the system hasn't been working for a while. The previous owner had a pool service that would come twice a week and I believe they were adding chemicals. I'd like to get the system working again if possible.

The symptoms you describe could be the result of cold water, low salt level, worn out cell, or some combination of those factors. I check into the water temperature and salt level and make sure those are not issues before thinking to much about replacing the cell.

Success!!!

The salt level and temperture were fine so I went ahead and bought a new cell. I went with the CC-15. after the installtion, the system is working perfectly now.

I didn't now a thing about SWG systems just a few weeks ago. With the help of this forum I was able to replace a faulty tri-flow sensor and the cell. Thanks so much!!!

one question, what setting on the dial do you recommend using. My timer is currently setup to run the pump for 8hrs (is this long enough??)

BTW, I'm located in South Florida and have a heat pump warming the water to 83deg (if that makes a difference).

The output will be an arbitrary setting, based on the chlorine demand of your pool. I would recommend testing your chlorine level, setting it to 5, let it run a few days, then retest your chlorine to see if it stayed the same, increased, or decreased. Then make changes higher or lower, to the output setting based on the results of your chlorine level tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.