You know I have pics! (I always have pics...)

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
Well... Having life interrupt my pool maintenance, and almost everything else, for a couple months, I was dreading the day when I knew I had to go out there. When I got to the edge of the pool, one of my eyebrows went up. After inspecting the pool for any fish, squid, or dolphins that might have magically appeared, it was time to get to work.

Using the method of taking care of your pool that you find here in these great forums, I must say that over the past 2 or 3 years, I've never had anything but perfect crystal clear water. This is the first problem I've EVER had.

So lets get to the pics, cause that's what we all love!

The top two pics is what made my eyebrow raise. The bottom left pic is exactly 12 hours later. While the bottom right is 96 hours later, and the water is crystal clear and the readings say it's ready for swimming! Oh, except that pesty temperature reading... 48 degrees. It does need a final vacuum, but I broke my wrist between the first pictures and that last one... So it may have to wait until the spring. Overnight FC readings are stable, and I'm lovin' it!

Best of all, it was under 25 bucks to fix this problem. Try that at a pool store!

Thanks again everyone!

Enjoy the pics!

poolalgae2.jpg

Yay guy! Nice work! That does look like the proverbial swamp. Sorry to hear your life interfered and then the broken wrist. Are things going easier for you now?

You did some hard work scooping out the debris and keeping up with the bleach. Been there once after a very long absence. My fix, like oyours, was done at the end of the season but we did go into winter with a clean pool.

Well... I just thought maybe perhaps things were going better. Alas, I just kicked the 6 ton floor jack I have in the garage with my bare foot about 10 minutes ago. I think I broke my middle toe. Going to wait for my ER Nurse wife to get home from Karate to look at it. On the good side, my wrist does not hurt, not one little bit now. :mrgreen: Somehow I knew my solution to all other pain was to hit yourself in the toe with a hammer. I think I just proved that...

Don't think I haven't thought of that! If I could retire, wrap myself in bubble wrap and throw myself in a padded room, I would.

I've never had a broken bone in my life. Yet in the space of one year, I've fractured my third metatarsal, fractured my scaphoid, and now it appears I've fractured my third proximal phalanx. All of which are apparently very common fractures, and there's not a whole lot they can do about it. My wife put a buddy splint on my toe, told me to take some motrin, and don't call her in the morning. (She'll be sleeping) LOL!

At least the pool is clean! And when she say's to ice my wrist, foot, whatever's next... I just go out to the pool and stick it in the water for 5 minutes. Works wonders at 48 degrees!

I'll always be able to work in the kitchen. I have magical telekinesis kitchen powers. Or maybe that's just pure fear of the Chef that's ingrained deep in my mind saying you WILL get the food out. The only acceptable excuse is death, and even that will have to be proven first. :chef:

However, the light show I put on every year may not happen. I will have to go into hiding as I'm pretty sure I'll get lynched by the town. :sad:

Well, the light show was a go with help from my wife who climbed around like a monkey putting them up for me.

I managed to cook up a storm in the kitchen.

AND(This is a big one!)

I took the lights down before April!! :eek:

Bones are all healed ready for another year!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.