Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clamps for cover?

1. Back To Top    #1

Clamps for cover?

I have been useing regular Nylon spring clamps with piece of towel to keep clamps from tearing my cover. Thing is, it is not very pretty and the spring rusts and will most likely not work for more than one season here in Nebraska. To anyones knowledge are there any special clamps (not clips) that will fit onto the round metal frame of intex pools?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clamps for cover?

The only thing I can think of are the plastic pipe clamps They don't have any metal in them. You could also look for all stainless spring clamps but those are going to be expensive.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm not real familiar with the Intex pools, but I helped my mom close her above ground last weekend. The top rail is too thick for the standard plastic clips. I took 1-1/2" PVC and split it long ways. Then cut it into pieces about 3" long. The longer you cut them the more tension they will have. I had a waterbag that leaked and cut it into pieces to protect the cover from these homemade clips.

Not sure if this helps you but it was a free solution for us since we had scraps left over from other projects.
    17x36 vinyl IG 27.5k gal, 1.5 HP Mustang pump, 300# sand filter, Hayward SwimPure SWG, Polaris ATV auto cleaner, TF100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks woods that is exactly the idea I am looking for.