Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement cleaner recommendations.

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement cleaner recommendations.

I've had two (2) Hayward Phantom Turbos. 1st one died, was repaired and died again. 2nd one was full replacement and has recently stopped working. Great unit **when** they work, but are obviously prone to problems.

Large, in ground pool, marcite (approximately 20 X 40) with sloping walls (no sharp corners) and 8' deep end. Small wedding cake steps in one corner of shallow end.

No trees in the back yard, just sand, occasional leaf and mostly yard debris in pool. Have a booster pump for pool cleaner.

I've read through a lot of posts, just wondering what people who've own the Phantom turbo have gone to once theirs died as well?
    15,000 I/G Marcite Pool | Pentair CC100 Filter | Pentair 320 I/L Clorinator | 3/4 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement cleaner recommendations.

I've had good luck with Pentair's Legend model...three years w/no probs.
    Bill Moyer
    CWO4 USN (Ret)
    Pensacola, FL
    10k gallon 12x24 in ground pool built 2008, vinyl, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Intelliflo v/s pump, Hayward sand filter. Using the BBB method.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ended up going with the Polaris 280. Great unit and works really well for my pool thus far.

Only issue I've found is that the hose will occasionally get kinked up and I have to unwind it once a week or so.
    15,000 I/G Marcite Pool | Pentair CC100 Filter | Pentair 320 I/L Clorinator | 3/4 HP Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I hate it.

Aquabot........or Dolphin (lousy service).......both, the best in IG pool cleaning.
    Julie
    I have a small (3,750 gallon) in-ground, Viking pool - 2hp Jandy pump, AquaPure 700 Cholorinator, Jandy Aqualink, and Jandy CJ250 filter

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Yeah, the 280 is extremely popular. If it's getting the hose knotted up, you can probably reduce the frequency by verifying the length of the hose, and if the hose has developed a memory, stretching it out to its full length and letting it sun dry for a day should help return it to normal.
    Roy Steves - CMO, PoolSupplyWorld.com