Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot Tub Jets question

1. Back To Top    #1

Hot Tub Jets question

I have a cabin business and we have hot tubs at each cabin. Lately we've been having hot tubs that they have jets that are no longer pushing out water on low and very little pressure when they are on high. I'm not sure exactly whats causing this or know how to fix it so I was hoping to find someone on here that might know what I need to do? Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hot Tub Jets question

Are these fiberglass stand alone spas? If the jet flow goes through a filter, check to make sure the filter is clean and also the skimmer/pump baskets are empty. If that is ok, then check the pump impeller and see if that is clogged.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes its a Fiberglass stand alone. Where will I find the pump impeller?

4. Back To Top    #4

The impeller of a pump is in the wet end of the pump (i.e. part where water travels). If the pump has a pump basket, you can sometimes reach the impeller inlet through the pump basket. If not, you may need to take apart the pump but that should be a last resort and only if you feel comfortable doing so.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

you can remove the cartridge temporarily to see if the flow is returned. If it does return you know it's just a dirty cartridge problem.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp