Summer opening

thehut

Jul 9, 2009
South Africa
After 2 years of water restrictions we finally have a summer where we can use the pool properly. Woot!!!
I managed to get a TF 100 XL on a visit to the US and am all set.

Water is looking good after just 4 days and I saved a bunch in chemicals in knowing that I did not need to shock for days.

Two quick questions:
Is it normally best to run the filter during the day or night and in relation to that, when is the best time to add chemicals?

Thanks,
David

It really doesn't matter when you run the pump. There are several topics about that very thing on here. The important thing is that you run it enough. Most people split their run times so they run it at least some during the day and at night.

Thanks for the quick reply. Did a search again and tracked down a bit more info pretty much as you said, it doesn't matter :)

Any feedback with regards to chemical addition or does that not matter either? I'm pondering if adding them in the evening might not be better as you would have your full load of Chlorine in overnight...

Perhaps somewhat better to dose FC in the evening but the difference is minor if you have enough CYA in the pool.

If your CYA is too low, evening dosage of FC will be more effective. That said, it is smarter to have your CYA correct in the first place. :lol:

Currently my numbers are:
FC - 7
CC - 0
pH -7.5
TA - 90
CH - 160
CYA - 45

FC drops to around 5 by the end of the day. I'm going to have to use some Calcium Hypo to get the CH up a bit, but other than that I think we are all good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.