Leak Detection Co. in Houston, TX???

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
I have a leak and a pool service co. came out and told me that I needed to have a leak detection co. come out to pin point leak as it is somewhere under my surcrete. Anyone dealt with this before and know of a good reputable co to use in Houston Area? Thanks so much!

American Leak Detection found my leak. It is pretty cool to see what they do. They test all the piping, inspect the lights and skimmers, even inspected the plaster to rock coping connection which was where our leaks were. Sneaky little gaps under rocks here and there.

Thanks everyone. I did actually call them yesterday and they seemed so very knowledgable. I called another co. as well and they were not. So think I am going with American.

Anonapersona - did they do the repair on your leaks?

The leak they found was not the sort that they can repair. I think if they find plumbing leaks they can do them.

They marked each leaking area with blue tape. We got a $20 tube of two-part pool epoxy and used about 1/8 of it to fill the tiny gaps between the plaster and the rock coping. The largest was the size of a pea, most were hairline gaps.

I figured we were losing about 900 gallons a week. The neighbors said the water and stains had been at the curb at the front of the house since the pool was built 10 years earlier so apparently it had been leaking all that time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.