questions for next year?

hrddrv

Aug 13, 2011
Gainesville, fl
I am preparing for the up coming season so I have a few questions.AS you can tell I have a 12"x33" Intex AG Ring Quick set 1590 Gallons with a Intex RP600 Pump Type F600C 580 GPH "B" Cartridge.

1.) I would like to upgrade my pump, would like to stick with a cartridge if possible, what size pump and filter would you recommend. Keep in mind I would like to run a small fountain (homemade or store bought) and be able to vacuum if possible?

2.) Also It is a seasonal pool so it comes down for the fall, would you recommend hard plumbing the new pump and filter?

3.) Will the Intex Magnetic light work with my pool? I have not read about anyone using it with the blow up ring pools.

4.) If I use foam insulation and a tarp under the pool, What kind of tarp? Will I need to replace the tarp and insulation every year? Does the insulation get divots like sand does?

5.) When storing the pool I plan to use a rubber maid like container to hold pool, pump, hoses, and cover, then place this in the attic. Will this be OK. It does get the 30 here in Gainesville, Fl and I want to make sure I will not be damaging the o-rings or anything else.

6.) This is kind of a dumb question but we are a little short legged and have trouble getting into the pool sometimes. Is there steps or a ladder that fit my pool size? I have not seen any and was hoping one of you could help.

Thanks everyone in advance. I have learned a lot about pools from here and can say my pool water looked crystal clear for the 2.5 months it was open this year. And only went to the pool store to make sure my water test reading were the same as theirs, which they were. Will be ordering a better test kit in a few months.

1) I would recommend you look at the Hayward small cartridge filter and pump combos. Others make them too but the Hayward comes to mind as making a small one.

2) Since you take it down each year either hoses or plumbing with lots of unions will work.

3) The magnetic light should work fine with that pool.

4) I'd use a heavy duty tarp. You shuld be able to reuse the tarp and insulation for a few years.

5) You'll be fine storing it. It'll all be drained anyway so it won't freeze.

6) There are several models of "a-frame" style ladders that should work for you.

Thanks Bama Rambler. And I assume an Alabama fan. Roll Tide Roll. The heavy duty tarp is this the one from Home Depot, Lowes, etc or do I need to purchase one like you see on the back of 18 wheelers?
Is there a certain size pump or filter I should get? I do not want to go too big but also do not want to go too small that I will not be able to use a vacuum.

If you are taking up the tarp and foam every year, they should last a long time. My tarp and foam have been in place for 3 years now and were taken up and put down for a few years before that. The foam is fine (except where the wheel from the boat trailer tounge put a divit in it) but the tarp needs to be replace next year. I used the pink 2" extruded (heavier duty I think) from Menards/HomeDepot and the HD silver tarp from Harbor Freight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.