Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Black cloud in my swimming pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Black cloud in my swimming pool

Just woke up this morning and I found a black cloud at the bottom of my pool.... we tried brushing it but nothing happened..... its an in ground pool with a spa.. it has , also scratches on the plaster (its a cascade system from the spa into the pool) over the cascade area..... it has an Ozone system ...I don't know much about pools or filtration systems and my pool guy has never seen anything like this before
    Intex Ultra rectangular AGP 32'X16', Intex SWG/Pump/Filter Combo. 14,500 gallons,
    2XIntex Magnetic LED lights. Filbur FC-3752 Type B Cartridge.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Black cloud in my swimming pool

A picture would help immensely. I am guessing you mean a black stain on the surface, not a cloud in the water?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    A picture would help immensely. I am guessing you mean a black stain on the surface, not a cloud in the water?
    Unfortunately Im away from my home today, but it is a big stain at the bottom of the pool, nothing on the spa tough...
    Intex Ultra rectangular AGP 32'X16', Intex SWG/Pump/Filter Combo. 14,500 gallons,
    2XIntex Magnetic LED lights. Filbur FC-3752 Type B Cartridge.

4. Back To Top    #4

Some test results would help out too. FC, CC, pH, CYA, TA, and CH.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have seen this happen when someone uses calcium hypochlorite while the pH and TA are too low.