Brand new Pentair IC-40 salt cell displays 60% life gone??

moyer02

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 11, 2010
Pensacola, FL
I installed a brand new Pentair IC-40 salt cell and when I ran the "life test" (by pressing the "more" button for five seconds) it displayed 60% life used up. I then replaced this salt cell with another brand new cell. Ran the life test again, and got 60% life used up again. Any ideas why I'm getting an obviously incorrect reading? Pentair doesn't seem to know. All my chemicals and salt levels are in check; water temp 68, salt cell is generating plenty of chlorine.

Re: Brand new Pentair IC-40 salt cell displays 60% life gone

I would recommend getting a diagnostic report with Pentair Intelliwand, you can then conclusively prove hours of operation in all the levels (20,40,etc) plus overall hours in use and hours power connected.

> An intelliwand is a waste of $150

no need to pay more than 100 and one can get to use one for free from our local pool supply merchants, no need to buy one.

60% is the default after reset, (Holding the more or less button down ) the Life will only show for a second before going to 60% when doing that test. There is nothing wrong with the cell and is doing as it should

Intelliwand will show all kinds of info. I use mine all the time. I dont think its a wast. shows you a complete history of the cell :)

Archonis, you are correct. Just got the same info from Pentair that life lights go out and then to 60% as the output default. Wish that info would have come with the cell. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.