Auto Pilot Dial

May 31, 2011
Ok this is going to sound like one of those brain teasers, but this is a real issue. :)

My pool came with an ancient Auto Pilot LS1000 that I have been getting back in working shape. It is working great now but now the FC is through the roof since the little indicator sticker on the knob to set the amount of chlorine is long gone.

My plan was to try different settings and see what happened. But it is taking way too long to figure out since I have to wait for the cl to come down.

I looked at the back of the dial but it is all sealed with just leads coming out. I thought about getting the multimeter out and see if I could decode the position based on the voltage across the pins.

Anyone got a cleaver idea on how to deduce which way the knob points?

Poolsean said:
Brad,
I'll have to check it, but you should be able to see two set screws on the dial. When the set screws are in the 6 and 9 oclock positions, I think that's 0 setting. I'll get back to confirm it.

There are 2 set screws! I think you might be right, or at least close. I've been trying a bunch of different locations all around the dial and that area seems to be the one that has the cell on the least. I'll do the next round of testing there and around there.

Thanks Poolsean! I thought I was pretty crazy posting this up. Who would know the settings from a 10 year old SWG? But once again the forum comes through!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.