Pentair Intellitouch Router

Nov 5, 2011
I have had a working system for some time. I had one network in my house which could not access screenlogic. I ended up resetting the Pentair configured d-link router to try and get it to work with a hard reset. Since I lost the configuration I can no longer connect screenlogic. Does anyone have the router settings I need to enable? If anyone is willing to talk me through it I would really appreciate it. My number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Thanks

Alan

Thanks Scott. I couldn't find the specific info in poolfyi forum. I would not mind bypassing the router completely. I am using screen logic. Problem is that I can't see the protocol adapter when i connect to either router so not sure how to change its ip address. I tried resetting that as well but it didn't help. I would appreciate your help. I'm also glad to pay for some phone tech support if someone can talk me thru it this weekend.

I couldn't find it either. They made some changes and it really screwed things up there. A lot of great info was lost, especially with regards to what happened to your system. I got your messages but without those threads on poolfti, I really can't help. IDK if you got a hold of Dave M. there.

Scott

Lershac,

I tried to send you a message with my phone number privately but it didn't go. My email is [email protected] if you can email me and I'll call or give you my number. I'm looking for either the settings for the router which were made by Pentair. Things like (IP, subnet, dns and dhcp server, on advanced any port forwarding or virtual server settings. It's weird but when I connect or disconnect the protocol adapter I don't see any additional connections on my router. I was trying to at least see the mac address so I can hard set the IP address to 192.168.2.2 which I believe it is suppose to be. My current issue is that the configure IP Info box is greyed out so I cannot access the protocol adapter settings at all.

Another alternative is for me to do what you have done but I'm not sure how to access the brick to change it to DHCP with the configure box greyed out?

Appreciate your help.

Alan

email sent.

For the record, the only differences from the default config for d-link are (that I could locate):

the router is set up for the 192.168.2.XXX subnet, netmask 255.255.255.0
The brick is pre-configured for 192.168.2.2, and ports 444 and 80 are forwarded to it on the "virtual server" page for both UDP and TCP packets.
They have also renamed the wireless network to "PENTAIR8" with no security (why I moved it to my subnet, I have a hacker kid next door, and who knows what tricks he would pull on my pool. He has already noticed the new open wireless network and connected to it and sniffed around several times... We have a friendly relationship so when he asked I explained what it was and that it would go away very quickly.)
And last but not least they have enabled the PING response on the WAN side of the router.

Thats it as far as I could tell.

I have backed up the config file should anyone else need it, but it should also be available from pentair.

To make the brick work on my network, all I did was in the screenlogic connect initial screen, reconfigure the ip from static to dynamic and saved it, then moved it to my router. No port forwarding set up needed on my router for it to work from anywhere in the world.

Essentially from what traffic I can see on my network, the brick is constantly in contact with pentairs (actually their vendor) server to act as a proxy for contacting your home system. Pretty standard stuff. The brick does generate broadcast traffic on the network, but its not alot and not having any impact whatsoever on my internal network.

Leaving it on the pentair supplied router is entirely acceptable and would work fine for most consumers, just plug the internet supply cable from their router to the internal side of your home router and it just works. Good config as shipped, because it protects you security wise from any risks associated with having a vendors piece of equipment on your internal network (not completely, but you are assuming a level of trust plugging anything into your network).

What I like best is it isn't needed anymore once the system is running the latest code and Screen Logic is updated and runnable on a Mac. Screen Logic now can control Easy Touch and Sun Touch too. The iPhone app has been expanded some, but there is still no join in Android Land.

Scott

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Problem has been solved, I think the gateway was changed to something else that was wrong so nothing going see it.
Another trick you could do is in your browser type the IP address of the adapter then /_reset.htm so if the adapter is 192.168.0.45 and you can ping it then type http://192.168.0.45/_reset.htm in the browser and it should reset the adapter to use a .0 subnet

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.