Freeze protection

Feb 9, 2011
Central Texas
I live in Austin so I do not winterize, but will have some freezing temps. I have a pool/spa combo. What should I set up on the easy touch for freeze protection?

Seems like if I run spa, then the pool is not protected, pool then the spa is not protected. Spillway then the pool returns and spa drains are not protected.

Also, is it necessary to set up the cleaner for freeze protection too?

Answered my own question

From Pentair manual:
"This is especially important if there is a pool and spa combination. If freeze protection is set to both the spa and pool circuits, the filter pump switches on and the pool and spa valves alternate every 15 minutes to keep the water moving in both the pool and spa. This process continues until the freeze condition is over."

So question now is, should I set the cleaner booster to freeze protect as well?
Should I exclude the spillway function since SPA and POOL should handle the plumbing for that?

On mine I have freeze protection set ON for the POOL, SPA, and WATER FEATURE circuits. That causes the main pump to come on with valves alternating between pool and spa (as described in the manual) and the feature pump to come on in freezing air temperature.

I'd imagine setting freeze protection ON for your cleaner booster would be similar.

I have spillway NOT set for freeze protection.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.