Owner of a metal frame 20 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame/SWG & sand

Nov 3, 2011
I recently purchased an intex 20 x 48 Ultra Frame Pool - using the salt water generator & Sand filter - and using pool salt - we set it up this year on top of two tarps with a carpet cushioning and set it up. And got the water in it from the fishpond in our yard. My dad figured out how to filter it and got it cleared. Now the water is sparkling clean - and all of the chemicals are running properly. But come fall, the plans are to drain the pool and take it down. then :roll: borrowing the neighbor's tractor to move the dogwood tree - and dig a hole. In this hole, the hole will be dug in a square and a wooden box will be built inside the hole. then drainage lines will be placed and then pool will be set back up with the tarps and carpet cushioning underneath it. When it is all done, pool will be leveled with the back deck and will resemble a nice above ground pool. But for the summer, I plan to enjoy my wonderful warm pool. And by the way, try those heatkeeper balls from Walmart pool section - (ebay has these too) - they really do work!!!!

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 403
Re: Owner of a metal frame 20 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame/SWG & s

Finally a few pictures of the pool 0- in process - :goodjob: :cheers: :-D
Water was pumped in via our fishpond that is hooked to the river.
My father filtered it thru the sand filter. A few times until he got it
clearer. Then about 4 bags of shock was thrown in. Due to the levels
being so very low. :roll:
Once we got it clearer, then things started to look brighter.
And we added mulch around the pool area.
And placed a few potted plants around the area.

Now the pool is bright * sparkling & enjoyable/
No kids have been in it and that is peaceful. :lol:
We run the filter at night and in the morning, it looks amazing.

We bought the pool from a friend - when we got to see it, it was awful
looking. She had the cover but had never covered it. She had let the pump
sit up the entire winter and the water was - UGH!!! :cry:
We took it down around 11am from her house - packed it in the truck -
the smell (from the water sitting all winter & and the dead grass - yuck!)
made us move fast.
We put down two tarps 0 foam that went under carpet from the local carpet store
and then another tarp. Then we started to set the pool up in the same day,

The pool was set up with around 13" of water in it as we worked to get the winkles out
and cleaned the pool. Nasty work - but so worth it now. 200 lbs of salt has been thrown in
and it is a wonderful feeling to look outside the kitchen window to see my beautiful sparkling
pool. Which I can enjoy all summer and I don't have to bug any of my friends to go get in their pool.

Yet, come the fall, we are draining the pool - taking it down. Then my dad is wanting to get the pool
closer to the deck with plans to make it look like a real above ground pool with the deck around it.
Solar lights around the deck. With a possible hot tub next year.
Will take more pics

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 152
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.