Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflo VS

1. Back To Top    #1

Southern California

Intelliflo VS

Our pool has been up and running about 2mo now and we have yet to use the programming part of the pump. The user guide tells us how to program it, but my problem is I dont know what speed to program. The pool is 15k gal. We are still using it occasionally, as it has been hot her in so. cal. So what speed do I program the pump to run and for how many hours a day? thanks in advance.....
    15k gallon, gunite, quartz

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Intelliflo VS

I would run it the lowest speed continuously (24 hours) providing you're getting at least 1 turnover a day at the lowest speed. There are some curves or I believe it will tell you the lowest watt per gallon that is really what you're looking for. I hope that makes sense.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Intelliflo VS

The highest gallon/watt-hr (i.e. efficiency) for the Intelliflo is around 1000 RPM +-. A worst case turnover at that speed would be about 12 hours. However, you might find that your skimmer doesn't work so well at the speed.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner