Leafpump & Ecopump

Nov 3, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Anybody have experience with these two brands? Bought a new house with a salt water pool. 20k gallons. Existing 2hp single speed Stat-right pump is reaching end of life. No spa but some jets at the pool deck. Want variable speed pump to improve energy efficiency. Found the above brands by googling. Associated websites are slick but none of the local pools guys in my area knew much about them. Both are emphasizing a 3 year warranty which I found appealing.

There are a couple of topics discussing the Ecopump but none that I remember on the Leafpump. Use the Google search at the bottom of each page to search the forum for either of those. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi. I installed the EP-6 back in June, and it's worked out very well. As Dave said, we've had a few discussions already. I am highly pleased with its simplicity, reliability, quiet operation, and economy. I recommend it. Tom

You have a range of choices, from a standard two speed pump, to a variable speed pump. Which one is the best choice for your situation mostly depends on what your electrical rates are. Unless your electrical rates are very high you will usually save the most money by getting a standard two speed pump. With higher electrical rates, $0.20/kwh or above, getting a true variable speed is the best choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.