Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leafpump & Ecopump

1. Back To Top    #1

Jacksonville, FL

Leafpump & Ecopump

Anybody have experience with these two brands? Bought a new house with a salt water pool. 20k gallons. Existing 2hp single speed Stat-right pump is reaching end of life. No spa but some jets at the pool deck. Want variable speed pump to improve energy efficiency. Found the above brands by googling. Associated websites are slick but none of the local pools guys in my area knew much about them. Both are emphasizing a 3 year warranty which I found appealing.
    34x17, IG gunite pool, Cathedral shape, Hayward Pro-Logic automation, 40,000 gal T-cell 15, Hayward EcoStar VFD, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 Cartridge Filter, Hayward ColorLogic LED lights x 2

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Leafpump & Ecopump

There are a couple of topics discussing the Ecopump but none that I remember on the Leafpump. Use the Google search at the bottom of each page to search the forum for either of those. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    san jose, ca.

Hi. I installed the EP-6 back in June, and it's worked out very well. As Dave said, we've had a few discussions already. I am highly pleased with its simplicity, reliability, quiet operation, and economy. I recommend it. Tom
    20k gal. 36' In ground Med. Blue plaster, two-speed EcoPump EP6, Pentair 3.14 sq. Ft. Sand w/zeosand, Spectralight SL 500, RayPak 2100 heater, Polaris 360,GE Timer 15087, Borates 80 ppm.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

You have a range of choices, from a standard two speed pump, to a variable speed pump. Which one is the best choice for your situation mostly depends on what your electrical rates are. Unless your electrical rates are very high you will usually save the most money by getting a standard two speed pump. With higher electrical rates, $0.20/kwh or above, getting a true variable speed is the best choice.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School