Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Color for Trim in Tahoe Blue Pool

Color for Trim in Tahoe Blue Pool

We have decided on Tahoe Blue Pebble Tec for our pool finish, and we don't know what color of trim (drains, jets, etc.) we should be getting. It is plumbed for white trim right now, but we aren't sure if that is right. We see some Tahoe Blue pools with black and some with white. The majority of the drain will be covered with the pebble tec finish, but the outline of it will be in the white or black. Are there any Tahoe Blue owners out there that can weigh in? Thanks!

Re: Color for Trim in Tahoe Blue Pool

I don't have Tahoe Blue but we have a Gemstone color that is close to Blue Granite PebbleSheen...which would be lighter than the Tahoe Blue. We got grey fittings for all of our plumbing and while they are slightly darker than our plaster, they virtually disappear to the eye, especially when the pump is running. I would think it would be the same - maybe even better with Tahoe Blue. Grey or black would be best IMO
    12K Gal IG, Gemstone pebble, Intelliflow VF, Whisperflow, Quad 60 DE, Easy Touch 8, Intellibrites, Platinum Legend.

My neighbor has Pebble Tec in Tahoe Blue and all his fittings are gray color. It looks very good, but if black and white are your only choice, I would pick black.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec pool/spa,Pentair Intelliflo VS, 2 hp Super II pump (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Solar heating

Mine are a dark gray, I agree with chief, between white and black, I would prefer black.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

I think mine are going to be black and I looked at a pool with same features and black works great.
    Size 13,000 gal | Filtration Jandy DE 60 | Sanitation PLC1400 SWG, Rainbow 320 | Placement in-ground (IG) | Coping Tennessee Crab Orchard
    Finish pebble smooth Tahoe Blue | Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3.0HP main | Lighting Jandy LED Spa/Pool
    Location Frisco TX US

Here is a photo of Blue Granite Pebble Sheen looks the same as Tahoe Blue with grey Paramount parts, I like the grey it blends very well.[attachment=0:sq4yomu7]033.JPG[/attachment:sq4yomu7]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,000 gallon IG Gunite, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, PV3 Infloor, All Jandy EQ, 1000 Sqft Adobe deck